008A – Lost Boys British Quad

Another that Roma and I finished off a while back.  This one was in rough shape.  Someone had put duck tape on the back side and there were multiple tears etc. throughout the poster.

Before:

008A - Lost Boys British Quad (Pre-Restoration)

During the process which was quite intensive I sanded/and skinned the duct tape and residue off the back side of the poster.  I then deacidified, washed, bleached, and backed the poster.  The touch up was very experimental for me again using the airbursh.  There were several stains that had hardened and become permanent on Kiefer’s head that I were able to mask with the airbrush.  Roma did a wonderful job of matching the colors and we tackled Star’s head as well…

After:

008A - Lost Boys British Quad (Post Restoration)

007A – Point Break British Quad

Well Roma and I finished this one off a while back.  The blues were tricky and I just started experimenting with the airbrush.  Learned about over spray real quick…

Before:

007A - Point Break British Quad

007A - Point Break British Quad (Pre-Restoration)

I de-acidified, washed and lightly bleached in an attempt to remove the stain in the upper right.  The stain didn’t come out..  I also sanded off sharpie of the title on the back side.  When airbrushing we used Gouache and gum arabic. The neck was tricky on this one.. No fixative was applied to this poster as it looks rather even without it.

After:

007A - Point Break British Quad (Post Restoration)